Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Better Late Than Never

Well I didn't post last week. The truth behind that is because my husband took the laptop to work and I don't like my desktop very much. But here comes my neediness again. NO ONE NOTICED!!!!! Just like the two Darrens from Bewitched. 

Now is the time when I vent cry and wine. Last week I was having some trouble with my allergies. Now I say allergies even though I have never had a Dr say I was allergic to this that or the other. But my ability  to breath changes with the seasons so I think its safe to say I have seasonal allergies.
 
I was having some pretty severe coughing fits, some were so bad that I literally blacked out during one. After suffering in anything but silence I went to the Dr. She was very concerned about my breathing especially because it hasn't really been that long since I had been there for a similar issue. She decided to load me up with allergy medication and steroids. Which is great because I have always wanted to look like a man. 
But on the upside it should make lifting the furniture to do housework much easier.

Now here is what threw me for a loop. They gave me a breathing test and it was conclusive that I have a low lung capacity. SERIOUSLY..... ME. The human mega phone. If I can get this kind of volume with a low lung  capacity just think what I could do with a FULL use of my lungs.   

On the other hand due to my breathing issues I have received my first inhaler. As if I wasn't nerdy enough.

And so on to the great sleep apnea conspiracy. Friday I had my appointment with the only oral surgeon my insurance would cover that took me 3 weeks  to get.  I show up to the office and where I am greeted by an empty waiting room and a friendly faced receptionist. "I am so sorry Ma'am but the Dr has been in a car accident and he is in the hospital about to go in to surgery. I am afraid we will have to reschedule your appointment."  As I struggle to hold back tears I ask "When will I be able to reschedule?" "Well we really don't know so we are starting with 3 weeks out, but we can't guarantee it won't be longer". So I lost it.
 
Which is a bit of an understatement. I cried so hard the receptionist came out from behind her glass to hug and console me.  I told her I understood that it wasn't anybodies fault it is just a bad situation. But I can't help but wonder if the first night I get a good night sleep the stock market will crash, the world will be hit by a meteor or a monkey carrying a pandemic size virus will escape from a government lab.
So I must be stopped at all costs.

So some of you have heard a little bit of the trouble we have had with the plumbing at home. I don't really want to get in to it but long story short the toilet is not where it should be and we currently do not have a working shower in the house. Needless to say this has caused a great deal of stress. All this stress in combination with working out and not eating late somehow has translating in to GAINING 8 POUNDS. How the HELL did that happen. So of course being the completely rational logical person I am, decided to drown my sorrows in a double cheese burger, fried zucchini, large dr. pepper and salted caramel ice cream waffle cone.  I convinced my self that this was never going to work and I am just not one of the lucky healthy people of this world. This was just me giving up. So I took the day to cry. The next day I put on my big girl panties and got back on the elliptical. 

Which brings me to my goal this week. This is meant to be done in baby steps but my next goal is not a baby step, at least not to me. So I guess its honesty time. I eat way to much fast food. It needs to stop. I am pretty sure it was a habit I started while on tour it was cheaper to go to a drive-threw than a sit down restaurant. I think I developed a bit of an  addiction to it. No I do not believe that I need re-hab or that I am in the same position as a crack addict. But I do believe that the brain reacts to certain foods and effects the pleasure centers. The more you give in to it the harder it is to stop giving in to it. So its gotta be done.
No more for me. This one is gonna suck.

3 comments:

  1. I noticed the missed week and asked about it. I will try to help you avoid fast food

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed! I just kept waiting for an update in my blog reader. I hope your plumbing issues get resolved - calling ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete