Saturday, October 5, 2013

Getting Over The Hump

Today I hit my half way point and I am feeling very discouraged. Even though my husband over and over again is telling me not to be. I have lost 38 pounds which is great but I have plateaued for about 4 days. I have lost and gained the same pound about 4 times and no matter what I do nothing is changing. Nick says "Your doing great most people take month to loose this much, be proud of yourself". I appreciate what he is saying and I am very proud if him to, he has lost 50 pounds. But it still feel like such an uphill battle.
The cravings are getting out of control. All I can think about is how I want to lock my self in a fully stocked donut shop and eat my way out of it. But that is a bad idea on many levels and it sounds really expensive. 

I did allow my self to eat one piece of cake at book club and that was not a pleasant experience. Not the eating part that was fabulous. But right around midnight I woke up with horrible stomach cramps weak legs and sweating profusely. After a long night laying on the bathroom floor(thank goodness it newly remodeled) and a whole day of welcoming death I am starting to think maybe I really am gluten intolerant.  
I am gonna miss bagels.

So here is my theory from hear on out: It's all down hill from here right? I have made it this far, everyday is a day closer to my goal. Once the cleanse is over with I can start to add a few more things that I enjoy and have a reward meal every now and then. But still plan to maintain a healthy lifestyle. We also plan to do this cleanse again in January. So I try to remind myself I will be extremely proud when I have reached my goal and I can not wait until I cross that finish line at the 5K.


1 comment:

  1. Udi's has yummy gluten free bagels. All is not lost. I'm using my round to kickstart me back to gluten free as well. The guide book Mom has that I was looking at last night had plateau buster helps. You can do this, and it is worth it. I tried to warn Nick, the first week and then the point you're at now is the hardest. Once you get past "hump day" it gets easier again. Make sure you do phase three well so you don't rebound. You got this! You are making great progress! Hang in there. We're pulling for you, and paying for you!

    ReplyDelete